Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Grocery List

Most of the problems that I have found with making my decisions on what to eat stem from my lack of organization. If I write out a menu for the upcoming week and then go grocery shopping with that menu, chances are I will be more likely to stick to my food schedule for the week, not making random unbalanced meals.

My grocery list for the rest of this week is going to be based on my "Menu"

(just a quick side note: I've been very sick for the past couple of days so the meals on my menu may not be as satisfying or filling to others as they are to me. They will also probably not use as much energy because I need to rest)

Wednesday: Chicken and Rice Soup

What I will need:
1 can of chicken broth
3 carrots
1 onion
3 stalks of celery
2 cubes of chicken bouillon
1/3 cup of uncooked rice
1 boneless, skinless chicken breast

Thursday: Tomato Soup and Grilled Cheese
(this is not homemade)
What I will need:
1 can of tomato soup (either Campbell's or Progresso)
Bread
Cheese slices (cheddar, American, provolone, pepper jack...whatever floats your boat)
Margarine or butter

Friday: Chicken Caesar Salad

What I will need:
Romaine Lettuce
Chicken (I usually buy a bag of frozen chicken tenders and cook them as I need them)
1 Bell pepper
1 cucumber
1 tomato
Caesar dressing
Croutons
Baby spinach leaves

Saturday: Orzo with Chicken and Vegetables

What I will need:
1 box of orzo
Chicken
1 bell pepper
Baby spinach leaves
Parmesan cheese

I know this menu seems pretty bland, but my palette is sensitive right now. Maybe one of these nights I'll have my roommate make me one of these meals so I can lay in bed instead.
Later, I'll expand on each of these recipes and how to make them (they are pretty self-explanatory though).

No comments:

Post a Comment